Throat and Neck Exercises
Throat and neck exercises can make a big difference in how old you look. As with the other sets of exercises, you won't get any additional benefit for going overboard. Follow the recommended instructions for each:
To Improve Neck and Throat Area
- Looking Up - While sitting upright, look upwards by tilting your head back. Keeping your lips closed, start a chewing movement. This will work your neck muscles. Do this 20 times.
- Puckering Up - Again, sitting up with your head tilted back, keep your mouth closed and pucker your lips as if you were kissing. Exaggerate this kiss. Hold for a count of 10 and relax, bringing your head back to a forward position. Repeat 5 times.
- Tongue Out - Again, sit upright and tilt your head back. Open your lips and stick your tongue out and down towards your chin. Hold for a count of 10, then relax your tongue and once again look forward. Repeat 10 times.
- Swallow Your Lip - Once more while sitting upright, tilt your head back. Bring your lower lip over your upper lip as far as you can. Hold this for a count of 5. Repeat 5 times.
- Head Lift - Lying face up on your bed, let your head hang down comfortably over the edge. Lift your head up to level and hold it for a count of 10. If that's too long for you, see if you can hold it for a count of 5 and work up to 10. Then, relax your head back down to the hanging position. Repeat this 5 times
- Jaw Drop - Sit up, facing forward. While keeping your lips together separate your teeth by lowering your jaw and pushing it forward. Count 10 and then come back to the starting position. Repeat 5 times.
These neck exercises will make a huge difference. Doing them daily won't take much time, and they will improve tone of your neck and throat skin.
Return from the Throat and Neck Exercises page to the Facial Exercises page.